Purpose of the
C31 Class Association.
The purpose of the Association is to provide fair,
fun and safe sailboat racing for its members by:
- Providing a structure for the administration of the Cape 31 OneDesign class of boats, and for the exchange of information and ideas amongst members.
- Protecting the one-design integrity of the Class and the Cape 31 One-Design Class Rules, without restricting owners’ rights to participate in handicap racing.
- Protecting the Owner-Driver status of the Class.
- Endeavoring to keep the building and maintenance costs as low as possible consistent with racing efficiency.
- Sharing knowledge to broaden participation and expertise. Encouraging more experienced sailors to connect with those less experienced to provide direction and quicker learning.
- Organising one-design class racing, regattas and championship events.
- Promoting the Class throughout South Africa and beyond.
- Developing an ethos in the Class that will strongly attract new owners and young sailors.
Email Cape 31